Tour de Gem, The Dayton Cycling Classic
Sunday, September 1
Start/Finish at RiverScape Pavilion
237 E Monument Ave, Dayton, OH
- The Tour de Gem is first and foremost a fundraising event. All proceeds from donations made to riders will go to the designated nonprofit.
- The Tour de Gem is an event created to foster a sense of community, history, pride and healthy living through cycling, while establishing an ongoing fundraising vehicle for local charities
- A well supported, enjoyable ride attracting cyclists of all ages and abilities from throughout the Region
- Registration is $35 before July 15 and $50 after July 15. Register early and take advantage of this discount.
More about the Tour de Gem from Walt Hibner
- The Start/Finish be at 237 E. Monument St. in front of the RiverScape Pavilion in downtown Dayton. The routes will take riders through many local communities spotlighting a wide variety of local area Gems
On the day of the ride, you will be give a paper map. You will also have access to a GPS route file that you can use on your personal device. Course marshalls will be present throughout the course.
Family Fun Path Rides - 1-26 miles along riverfront bike paths
Half Metric Century+ - 38 miles on roads going east, turning south and heading back to RiverScape
Metric Century+ - 65 miles on roads starting at RiverScape, headed south to Springboro, west to Germantown and Farmersville and back to RiverScape
Century+ - 103 miles on roads, combining the Metric and Half Metric routes, starting and finishing at RiverScape
For more information on the routes and to view route maps, visit "Event Information" located under "About Event."
Helmets are mandatory - NO rider will be allowed to participate without a helmet.
Tour de Gem is sponsored by The Kettering
Health Network and Rotary Club of Dayton