RIDE With Omega CDC to BRAKE the CYCLE of GENERATIONAL POVERTY
on our RIDE for HOPE
to raise $1,500 and Help
BRAKE the CYCLE of GENERATIONAL POVERTY
through our programs and the Hope Center
For twenty years, the Omega CDC has served Northwest Dayton and has worked tirelessly to address poverty issues in the area. Our mission is to "equip individuals, families, and children with resources, tools and opportunities to break the cycle of generational poverty and achieve self-sufficiency through education, economic and workforce development, and advocacy."
To accomplish our mission, we have successfully implemented several high quality mentoring, educational, and life skills programs:
1) Mentoring (Boys, grades 5-8) at the Dayton Boys Preparatory School (3rd year)
2) Violence Prevention Education & Ex-Offender Mentoring/Case Management (9th year)
3) Summer Literacy at Fairview Elementary (ages 6-12) (9th year)
4) Afterschool Education Program at Fairview Elementary (Pre K-6) (1st year)
5) Work-Ready Life Skills Training (adults) (3rd year)
Our experiences have led to our latest initiative, the Hope Center for Families project (hopecenterdayton.org). The Hope Center for Families will utilize a two/multi-generation approach to simultaneously address immediate and long-term needs of low to middle income parents and children from the same family.
Any amount, great or small,
helps us in making a positive change
in the lives of
children, families, and individuals we serve.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.